Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Finding Michael Rowe in Northern Frights 3

In my Ontario travels to used bookstores in Prescott and Gananoque, I have spied familiar names. Hello, Jeffrey Round, scribe of The P-Town Murders and Michael V. Smith, author of Cumberland. And I found the jewel I did not own (and now do), the gently used 1995 edition of Mosaic Press' Northern Frights 3 edited by Don Hutchison. Volume three of Northern Frights, a potpourri of Canadian horror and dark fantasy, features  'Wild Things Live There', the first published short horror fiction by Toronto author Michael Rowe. What a find.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant story. Rowe is the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. And Michael is a charming gentleman with a devil's tongue. I always enjoy talking or corresponding with him.

    ReplyDelete